Reset an Aqua Rite AQL PS-4 showing High Salt / Amps

Jun 26, 2012
Hi everyone!
I have a 10 year old salt system, with an Aqua Rite AQL PS-4 / Hayward Turbo Cell-15. I recently replaced the Turbo Cell-15 but cannot get the system to accurately gauge the salt level, compared to using two test kits...

Is there a way to reset the board? Currently when Diagnostics are run, it shows 6400 ppm, and then after the diagnostics end, the system window will show 3600 ppm, which is still high...

I have ordered another board, but would like to know if there is a way to resolve this problem... as a result of the "perceived" high salt level, the chlorinator never kicks in...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or tips.

Mike
Atlanta, GA
15,000 gal
Salt system - Aqua Rite AQL-PS-4
10 years old

I suspect that the 6400 is probably correct. Get a Taylor k-1766 test kit or use a good meter.

As the old cell began to fail, it would read the salt level as lower than actual. If you added salt according to the box until the cell failed, the salt would probably be in the 5500 to 6,500 ppm range.

Also, make sure that the t-15 cell is selected in configuration.

What test kits did you use and what were the readings?

If the unit is 10 years old it will not have a selection for cell type. Unless the board has been replaced and it will ask what cell is needed. Remember, the unit measures the salt level every time it reverses polarity and averages it with the present reading. Test with an independent test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.