Compared two stores' test results of the same water.

morzh

Jul 3, 2015
Jackson, NJ
(Just to anticipate worries about the water in the AGP and otherwise - this post's purpose is not about advice about what to do, it is just a comparison).
Today I did an experiment.

I took two samples, one of my IGP water and the other from the AGP, and went to two different stores (one being Leslie, another one is a store I go to usually) and asked them to test the two waters.
The Store#2 BTW is the one that did initial test on my IGP and confirmed high CYA I suspected, so for me these number are more important because they show dynamics using the same test kits.
Leslie (Store #1) obviously uses dropper kit and strips, and the Store#2 uses computerized tests.
The test was not a mere curiosity, I needed to test my CYA as I am trying to lower it. It was initially tested at 91ppm.

Anyway,

Here are the results. (NT means "Not Tested")

IGP

TEST Store #1 Store #2

FAC 7.5 6.79
TAC 7.5 6.79
pH 7.6 8
TA 110 92
CYA 60 77
CH 210 182
TDS 100 N/T
Phos 200 ppb 400 ppb (see Note 1)

Note 1- from the previous test 2 weeks ago, nothing has been done about it so I take it it'd be the same.

AGP

TEST Store #1 Store #2

FAC 1 0.2
TAC 1 0.41
CC 0 0.21 (calculated)
pH 7.2 6.5
CYA 10 16
CH 90 34
TDS 300 N/T
Phos 100 ppb N/T

Well.....while some are close, some are different.
And when it comes to pH, for one pool the difference is positive while for the other it is negative. One would think it'd be consistent?

Food for thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.