Does anyone know what this is?

Jun 27, 2015
Waco Texas
dd5d3c467e5791d145933f2cc4d8fbac.jpg
4160c7fe48e4c84726207ec5976ffe69.jpg

I have been slamming my pool because it was getting cloudy. It is almost back to clear but this afternoon when I checked the pool I found this white sludge on the edges of the pool. There is also something white floating in the water. It almost like egg white when you poach it. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can live with the stuff floating on top and just clean it out but the stuff below the surface that I cannot get a picture of is what I am worried about. It looks almost like cooked egg white. It breaks up when I try to scoop it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have a pool brush try brushing the pool to remove it from the walls and floor and keep the pump running to see if you can filter it out. I'm not sure if it is white water mold or not. Also go ahead and do an OCLT and see if you loose anything overnight. You do not need to up the chlorine level as long as you are within your normal recommended range.

Ok, I could not resist another post or picture. I scrubbed the pool like crazy and brought the Chlorine level up to SLAM 13 FC. CC is still .5. Water looks good to me but it still has the floating white stuff in it. There is a lot of stuff suspended in the water but I think those are just skin cells. Any idea how to get those cleaned up?
4127631725b7b4e01c49211612a5c63c.jpg

If it is white water mold, how do I treat it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.