Proud New Owner of TF-100. Help me solve my GREEN Pool

Kire28

Jun 18, 2015
Bowie, MD
Good afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is enjoying this Fabulous Friday. Returned home from vacation 11 days ago to a GREEN pool. I've done my best to use the methods I've read here on TFP but it is STILL cloudy, and the deep end still has a green tint to it.

The season started off GREAT. It was crystal clear water, got a little cloudy which I fixed. Left for 10 days and returned to a green mess.

I finally purchased the TF-100 in hopes to maintain my own pool without being sold a bunch of products that don't work.

I now have 8 gallons of Liquid Chlorine at the house, two big bags of baking soda, and two bottles of Muriatic Acid. I'm ready to maintain my pool.

But first, let's get my pool from GREEN to CLEAR.

Again, it has been 11 days and while it looks better, it isn't right.

FC 15.5
CC 0
CH 325
TA 80
CYA 40

I've read about SLAMing the POOL in Pool School. According to the chart, I need to keep my FC at 16 until clear, is that right?

ALL advice will be appreciated!

Yes. Maintain 16 FC and brush everything including steps, stairs, ladders, and lights.

You should have adjusted pH first, but since your FC is above 10 it's too late to test it now. ABove 10 FC reacts with the pH test and makes it read falsely high, so don't bother with pH until the SLAM is done and you are able to let the FC drop down below 10.

+1 what 320 said....You're off and running. DO NOT make the common mistake of letting your FC get down below 16 for ANy length of time. Test and bring it back up.

Follow everything else in the SLAM article in Pool School and you should be crystal clear very soon.

Thank goodness I have my TF-100. On my 6th day of SLAM. Water is much improved but I did my FC test and what WAS 20 last night was probably 5 tonight. Without my kit, I would have assumed it was getting better and been disappointed. Keep that FC up to the right number.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.