Solar and water feature automation options

After my backyard was hit by what seems several bunker busters (contractor ripped out old deck and walls), I had a bit of a clean slate to work with the past couple of weeks and went wild on some 2" plumbing for my pool. I am still in the process of figuring out how to fix part of the pool shell around the skimmer area, where roots have gotten the better of what seems to be a bad shotcrete job but the plumbing to put solar on my roof is almost in place and part of a sheer descent waterfall is ready to be continued to the soon to be repoured equipment pad. On said pad, a rather dusty looking but fairly new Hayward EcoStar Variable Speed Pump (SP3400VSP) is patiently waiting to get back in action.

I received a quote for a heliocol installation yesterday, which includes a Pentair Solar Touch. If I did the solar myself, I could probably save about $4k (looking at Aquasol panels), which would give me a clean slate for the automation as well. I don't HAVE to have the waterfall automated, but it would be very nice to have all valves (solar, spa/pool intake selection, spa/pool out selection, waterfall) and the pump controlled from one panel instead of partly manually and through 2 or 3 individual control panels (ugh!).

Soo... what are my options for automation? Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

With the EcoStar I would go with one of the Hayward control units that also supports SWGs and full chem automation if you want that too. It really depends on how much you want to spend. I would go with one of the first three and they of course are listed from most expensive to least: Pool Automation | In Ground Pool Automation - Hayward Pool Products

With the EcoStar I would go with one of the Hayward control units that also supports SWGs and full chem automation if you want that too. It really depends on how much you want to spend. I would go with one of the first three and they of course are listed from most expensive to least: Pool Automation | In Ground Pool Automation - Hayward Pool Products

The AquaPlus sounds like an interesting solution, but I need to do more research on salt chlorination. Not too fond of the idea of converting to it just yet.

Further down the list is the ONCOM controller, does anyone have experience with it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.