PVC Plumbing re work and SWG install

Apr 29, 2015
Clark, NJ
I just had a filter and pump replaced for a inground pool and the pool company said I don't need a diverter valve because my setup is not that complicated. I have One drian and skimmer.

I was running chlorine and decided to purchase a SWG. I'm going to try and do the work myself. A newbie at this..

I will try to install a diverter valve and install the SWG. The problem I have is, (stupid question) how to install the valve without any water draining from the pool? Of course the pump will be off but I don't know how that will affect the water from coming out of the pipe..

Is your pump/equipment pad below the grade of your pool surface? If it is above, no worries. If it is below, then I would get some expandable plugs to put in the skimmer drain and in place of the return eyeballs. Similar to this: Rubber Winterizing Expansion Plug 1.25 Pipe, Plug Size 9 - Bathtub Drains - Amazon.com Purchase the right size based on measuring the hole in the bottom of the skimmer and the hole once eyeballs are removed. Usually 1.5" plugs. Many hardware stores will have them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.