New liner installed, bottom pool steps not cushy

Pools is 16x36 with three build in vinyl covered steps in the shallow end, 16ft wide it's about 12 years old

Replaced the liner this year because of fading, no leaks

After install and first use we noticed the bottom two pool steps are no longer soft, the top one is. The installer did not replace the foam on the steps, said it was in good shape.

His explanation is that the bottom two steps are under enough water pressure to compress the foam, resulting in a harder feel.

To be honest I don't remember the feel of the original steps, I don't swim that often. But my wife claims they were softer with the original liner.

Is this normal?

Should he have replaced the foam?

Thank you in advance! Great forum

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
His explanation is that the bottom two steps are under enough water pressure to compress the foam, resulting in a harder feel.
He is on the money. I doubt they were softer. You can calc the water pressure on that foam and understand why it is compressed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.