Brick, New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
(hate hijacked threads too!) @mas985, I love my in floor cleaning system and havent seen any major changes in my electric bill (or gas bill). Even if it does cost me a little more, Id still enjoy the benefits, but wouldnt mind a convo on really whats happening with energy and cost. :)

(hate hijacked threads too! havent seen any major changes in my electric bill (or gas bill).
Could be becaue you weren't all that efficient to start with. So did you add the in-floor after the pool was built? How long do you let the pump run per day for the in-floor?

It was a new build (can you add stuff like that after the fact? like a spray thingie?). I run my pump for ~3 hours a day unless we are in it, then it runs the entire time with the heater going (lets just say, I like a warm pool...like 92:cool:). I have one pump and when its on, the cleaning system runs. I read somewhere some had a variable pump or something or a second pump for the cleaning system, i was confused.

havent seen any major changes in my electric bill
That statement kind of threw me off so was this before and after the pool build? Even so, I am surprised you didn't notice a difference because with that 2 HP pump running 3 hours per day, it would use about 216 kwh per month.

But just for comparison, a two speed on low would use about 1/4th of that energy and a lower HP two speed on low, about 1/6th the energy.

I have a variable speed pump and an infloor system. Each head has 12 positions to make a circle and pops up for a bit less than 1.25 min. There are six zones in the pool. So 12x1.25x6/60= 1.5 hours. So my system runs through a full cleaning cycle in a bit less than 1.5 hours. I have set the pump to run a higher speed cleaning cycle of 1.5 hours each morning. Although I'm less than thrilled at the job that the system does, I don't see that the cost of the extra speed to run it for an hour and a half will be that significant.

That statement kind of threw me off so was this before and after the pool build? Even so, I am surprised you didn't notice a difference because with that 2 HP pump running 3 hours per day, it would use about 216 kwh per month.

But just for comparison, a two speed on low would use about 1/4th of that energy and a lower HP two speed on low, about 1/6th the energy.

I have a variable speed pump and an infloor system. Each head has 12 positions to make a circle and pops up for a bit less than 1.25 min. There are six zones in the pool. So 12x1.25x6/60= 1.5 hours. So my system runs through a full cleaning cycle in a bit less than 1.5 hours. I have set the pump to run a higher speed cleaning cycle of 1.5 hours each morning. Although I'm less than thrilled at the job that the system does, I don't see that the cost of the extra speed to run it for an hour and a half will be that significant.

Now Im a little confused again, sorry. I have a Jandy PlusHP 2.0HP Pump (2 speeds?). Does it automatically run at a lower speed or do I do that?
EDIT-sorry sorry....GIYF. I have a single speed I think. theres no -2 after my model number.

And thanks for the math. So 1.5 hours for a full cycle, guess a 3 hour run is a nice time to run

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.