Safety pool cover

grottoguy

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
NJ
I want to order a safety cover and am looking at Loop Loc and Meyco. I plan on getting a mesh cover and have a grotto and rock wall so need a custom cover. Does anyone have any suggestions on which brand is better and specific hints to watch out for. Thanks.

Hello and welcome,
I have had a Meyco winter cover for 16 years and have been very happy with it. Just purchased a new one last summer as the first one started coming apart at the stitching ( do more to my poor handling in the early years, I'm sure)

Ours is a mesh cover and it does let a lot of small debris slip through, but with TFP I can clear up the pool in no time when I open. Plus I don't have to worry about pumping water off the top all winter.

Ours is a rectangular vinyl pool but ours was custom to fit around pool slide and stairs. The concrete anchors make for easy install and removal and it stays tight. Now we had to go through our pool builder to get ours, so I don't know how they are about selling direct to the customer, especially with a custom order. The neat thing is they save your cover info and all they had to do was look up the number and the new one fits like a glove.

Don't know about loop-loc, but I'm sure they are just as good as Meyco. Hope that helps. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. And again ,Welcome to TFP :wave:

We have the Loop Loc and are very happy with it. We have a kidney shaped pool with a bump out bench, so we had to custom order it as well. The pool builder installed it, so I cannot comment on the ease of that, but putting it on and taking it off is fairly easy once you get the technique down. It has held up quite nicely, especially with the winter ice and snow (I probably drain the pool a little too much in winter, but don't want to crack the ceramic tile!).

Thanks guys. Just to clarify, My PB will install a Meyco cover (that is the only one they deal with) or I can get other pool companies to install a Loop Loc. Does anyone know if there is any significant difference between the two. The Meyco cover is currently more expensive than the Loop Loc, but I think my PB would match the other prices. I was told I would have a hole drilled into my paver patio every three feet for the cover to latch onto. Do these holes look bad?

Thanks

Thanks guys. Just to clarify, My PB will install a Meyco cover (that is the only one they deal with) or I can get other pool companies to install a Loop Loc. Does anyone know if there is any significant difference between the two. The Meyco cover is currently more expensive than the Loop Loc, but I think my PB would match the other prices. I was told I would have a hole drilled into my paver patio every three feet for the cover to latch onto. Do these holes look bad?

Thanks
The meyco cover has brass anchors that are embedded. They can be either pop up anchors or screw type. When the cover is removed they are flush with your deck and hardly noticeable. Mine are in my concrete deck around the pool, I am assuming it would not be a problem drilling into your pavers, as long as they are installed properly, I don't think they will split. If your pool builder does these regularly I would think he knows how well they work in pavers. Something you might want to discuss with him. I think loop loc has the same kind of anchor system, So it really comes down to price and if one looks better to you then the other

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.