Help with identifying an eyeball fitting

Jul 6, 2015
texas
I am hoping some one can look at this picture and tell me what I have so I can look for a replacement. We have a spa attached to the pool and in the spa are 4 jets and this eyeball fitting. I have had to remove all of them to clean out debris from behind them. When I removed the eyeball fitting I found this screw behind it. It looks like to me that the screw rusted off and fell behind the fitting. However the bigger question is what type of eyeball insert is it? Because there are the four spa jets in the spa I am wondering if originally this eyeball had a baffle or orifice on it to close it down when the spa jets are in use?

Attachments

• IMG_1672.jpg
    IMG_1672.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 67
So after thinking about this for a while I am wondering if this fitting had some sort of spring loaded pressure relief feature? The screw fits in to the hole in the center and it was found behind the fitting in the pipe. We have 4 jets into the spa and then this fitting so just thinking maybe to keep the pressure at a constant level?
Any help would be appreciated. This is on a pool/spa combo that is about 25 years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.