Jandy Aqualink RS6 - Wired All Button Remote Issue

Oct 28, 2013
Laguna Niguel, CA
I have a Jandy AquaLink RS6 wired all button remote that has stopped working. Everything else with Aqualink RS is working correctly, including the daily pump schedule. The remote operated properly for several years and then started to randomly turn on and off (all lights would engage on the display). After approximately two months, the remote simply went dead. The wiring is good and the remote has power (confirmed at RS sub panel).

A new remote is $300+ and I would almost rather upgrade the system to have iphone capabilities. Any suggestions on easy fix or upgrade? Thx

I actually asked Jandy/Zodiac the same thing in April, here is what they said:

Vista, TechSupport <[email protected]>
Apr 20

to me
Good afternoon,

The part I recommend you have installed is IQ900-RS or IQ20-RS. This part includes a new Aqualink RS board, a Pool/Spa Combo 8 auxiliary chip, and an iAqualink antenna box that allows you to go online and control your pool equipment from a laptop, computer, iPad, smartphone, etc.

This is a major upgrade that is often used by installers when they need to upgrade a system to allow for LED lights control, variable speed pump control, iAqualink control, or simply when a board needs to be replaced.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Otherwise, you can click on the link below to find a local service company in your area that can sell and install this for you. Have a great day!

Find a Pool Pro | Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.

Thank you, did you install either? I have two Hayward SwimPure Plus chlorine generators and two Tcell15's. Does anyone know if the IQ-20 interfaces and gives me a display of chlorine output? Im debating whether I replace the whole control system for $1000 or just upgrade for $500. Any and all advice is welcome

I called Jandy and they indicated I only need the IQ20-A and not the IQ20-RS. The technician was not 100% sure rather "very confident" I only need the A, even though I gave him my existing model information. It's about $200 cheaper for the A vs RS. Anyone else installed the A with my system before? Thx

From your list of equipment, your SWG is an AquaRite. Your new setup will not be able to communicate with the AquaRite unless to take proper steps before powering up the 2 pieces of equipment for the first time. Depending on the revision of the AquaRite is, you will need to change the emulation mode to Al-5. Not all revisions of AquaRite support this. If your doesn't don't connect them directly together. I use a device that connects between the Aqualink and the AquaRite since my AquaRite does support AL-5. You should check this with your old system first and see what SWG the Aqualink reports. If you don't and run the new Jandy connected to the AquaRite, you could lock out all SWG from your controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.