Recommendations on brushes/tools

Jan 28, 2013
So, I'm in the process of slamming for both mustard algae and black algae. It's a good time, believe me. The pool hadn't been cared for by the previous owners so there's a mess to clean up. This is my second attempt at shocking because my first attempt was aborted too soon.

My question is, what tools do you recommend for removing this junk physically? I've been using both a nylon brush and a steal brush and a lot of elbow grease. Specifically with the black algae. I've found the only way I can get it "broken" free is to angle the steal brush so its corner digs in and just work each spot one at a time. This is a real challenge in the deeper parts of the middle of the pool. I keep feeling like there has to be a better way. Has anyone found some magical scrubbing tool to get this junk off? I'd love to find something to hook to my power drill and spin a brush or something. More power!!

Oh yeah, masonry pool.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.