SWG goes to 0%...

Jim H

LifeTime Supporter
May 12, 2015
Monroe/NJ
Leaving for vacation tonight- thought I was all set with my SWG. Wake up this am to find that it is at 0% chlorine production. I've had it set at 75% and no one touches the controls but me. It wouldn't even register on my Aqualink remote. I had to manually turn off the system, restart it, and then it registered again and I was able to reset it back up to 75%. This is the second time it happened in the past few weeks- 1st time I assumed it was a fluke.
My question, as I am new to this SWG, : is it supposed to do this? If I have it set at 75% will it automatically change to 0% to control the chlorine production? Will it have gone back up to 75% on it's own had I just waited? The concern is that it wouldn't even register on the remote- didn't even say 0% it was like it wasn't even connected at all. WOndering if anyone else has this SWG (Nature fusion) and can tell me if this is normal for it to happen.
See specs below.

I doubt it would set itself to 0% because it has no way to determine what chlorine production is...it doesn't have a real time sensor for determining chlorination to my knowledge. 75% production is just a theoretical duty cycle depending on salination and the electrical current the unit supplies through the cell...I don't think the unit is closed loop to detect the actual output and adjust the voltage regulator.

So..
I would be looking at possibly the unit is receiving spurious signal from your handheld or some other rf interference...only assuming the handheld uses rf and not Bluetooth or wireless. Have you tried unlinking the hand held and just using the controller to set the setpoint and see if it sticks?

Caveat...I don't have one of these units and just quickly scanned the pdf manual.

stupid question, but is it just showing 0% since your pump is off and there is no flow going thru the SWCG? have you tried seeing what happens when you turn on the pump? dumb question maybe, but didn't know if controller is showing actual production in real time. if system is off, obviously its 0

Are you sure that you aren't just catching it in the 25% of the time that it would be not running?

The 75% value doesn't mean that it runs at 75% capacity 100% of the time, it really runs 75% of the time at 100% (45 minutes) and 25% of the time at 0% (15 minutes) out of the hour.

could it be wrown outs? If your power is going of for .5 seconds could that be throwing it for a loop and it kinda resets itself and drops to 0%?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.