Long Rubber Couplings in Pool Plumbing

440dodge440

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 7, 2015
South Central PA
I have some long rubber couplings (1-2 feet) in my pool plumbing, allowing some flex near the pump and filter. They are connecting 1-1/2" pipes together. I want a piece of this for another project, but I can't find anything as to where to get this. Lowe's and HD have short (4") couplers, and I can't find anything online or in pool stores. Does anyone know where I can find this, or even what a primary use is for it so I can narrow my search?

Thanks

You can get radiator type hose that is not pre molded. A picture of the actual piece would be better. I know there is no such thing made by fernco nor none of its competitors, as I use those type of fittings quite often.

I thought radiator hose are not very good at UV protection. Overtime, they become brittle when exposed to sunlight. The coupling hose that are used for solar panels are actually gas line hose that can be special order from an automotive store. Last - have you considered using flexible PVC (Spa Flex)? I don't know the UV protection on Spa Flex, but they use standard schedule 40 fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.