Hayward Northstar part

DaveNJ

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
Toms River, NJ
I get air in the pump on low speed. The pump cover is very easy to remove compared to last year. I just checked the pool store for a new pump cover gasket for it. They tried to tell me the lid is sold as one unit $81.00. No thankyou. Checked on line and the cover with attached T-gasket is sold as one piece, minus the locking ring $22.00. I'll have to take a closer look and see if I can find an o-ring that would work. When the pump switchs from high to low speed the lid moves quite allot. Can't see spending that much money every couple of years.

Dave, they are having lot's of trouble with the northstars and I've heard that they are being discontinued - the lid is just one of the problems. When the pump was new, it came with a blue O-ring for pressure testing the system with air. It's supposed to be removed before firing up the system, however, when the main gasket gets bad, you can put the blue one on and make the pump workable again. Call the installer and have him give you the blue o-ring - you paid for the whole pump, what right does he have to steal parts of your pump? We also take them, but we keep them and don't charge the homeowner when we have to put one on thier pump.
HTH

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.