Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Northstar part

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Northstar part

I get air in the pump on low speed. The pump cover is very easy to remove compared to last year. I just checked the pool store for a new pump cover gasket for it. They tried to tell me the lid is sold as one unit $81.00. No thankyou. Checked on line and the cover with attached T-gasket is sold as one piece, minus the locking ring $22.00. I'll have to take a closer look and see if I can find an o-ring that would work. When the pump switchs from high to low speed the lid moves quite allot. Can't see spending that much money every couple of years.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

2. Back To Top    #2

Dave, they are having lot's of trouble with the northstars and I've heard that they are being discontinued - the lid is just one of the problems. When the pump was new, it came with a blue O-ring for pressure testing the system with air. It's supposed to be removed before firing up the system, however, when the main gasket gets bad, you can put the blue one on and make the pump workable again. Call the installer and have him give you the blue o-ring - you paid for the whole pump, what right does he have to steal parts of your pump? We also take them, but we keep them and don't charge the homeowner when we have to put one on thier pump.
    HTH
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks for the reply, I'll have to stop by get one from them.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/