BrianC636 - New member from Missouri

Greetings fellow pool-tenders!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone since I found this site while looking for solutions for our chemical situation.

We are new pool owners, (I personally finished up the install about 2 weeks ago) and are about 12 days into caring for our pool. I cam here to learn what I need to know to make caring for it as easy as possible without having to rely on the "pool store" to sell me something every time I'm in there.

I look forward to learning from all of you as well as sharing some things about me as well.

Brian

Brian! I have another link for you! It is MY fav of them all! Pool Math! It does all of the thinking for you on what to add and how much!

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Have you thought about getting your own test kit? I found once I had my own it spent a LOT less money because I NEVER had to go in the pool store again! HAH! Now I get all of my pool stuff from Walmart and ACE Hardware!

Kim

Kim - thanks for the reminder! I have a TF-100 kit on the way! It should be here on Saturday and I'll be excited to see what some of the real time results are on our water. It's extremely clear at the moment however I'm always worried it's going to be off and won't be able to catch it in time.

What have you been using to get chlorine in your pool so far? I am so glad it is clear! That makes life so nice!

You will LOVE that test kit! It is SO much easier and cheaper!

Have you found the videos on how to do the tests? Let me know and I can shoot you the link.

Kim

Kim - we watched the videos the other night when I ordered the kit.

I have a little floating thing with about 10-12 pellets in it. When we opened the pool we also bought some Synergy Clear kit that had the pellets and something else with it from the pool store. I wasn't there but it's what the wife came home with ($400 bucks later). Lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Brian you can get a little 2 piece test kit from Walmart for about $10 bucks. It will test the FC (free chlorine) up to 5 and PH. With this you can make sure it does not go greeen on you.

Just thought I would let you know about this.

kim

What do you mow with? I thought I had it bad with 6.5 acres. I break it up into two parts-house and pasture. I have a 48 inch cut Husky that is FAST! I bought it for the speed! Don't go full speed and turn it sharp! You WILL come off!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support