leaking index sand filter

amyfl

Jul 15, 2015
Orlando, fl
This is the second year using our Intex sand filter on our 14 x 42 pool. Last year it was great. This year, it's been leaking like crazy and we can't figure out why. It's leaking from the leaf trap lid. When the filter is running, there is periodic suction and then it releases, letting water go. This happens every few minutes. When you push down on the leaf trap lid, you can literally push it down to release more water from the leaf trap area. Clearly, there's a breach in the suction but we can't figure out the flaw here. any help would be really appreciated. Im trying to post a video to show what I mean but I can't figure it out. My iPhone takes .mov files

Probably a silly question, but is the rubber gasket in the correct position?
Im guessing it is. We got a replacement gasket from Intex because we lost the old one. The problem stems from that I guess. Do you think I could use another?

\

- - - Updated - - -

If I use this, will it be permanent?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.