Grey water system for pools?

So I just got my first water bill with the new water budget and sky high fees. And of course with it being summer I'm having to replace water that has evaporated.

So after I recovered from the shock at the amount I owed This month I started looking into this to no avail..

I've been using grey water from the laundry to irrigate my landscaping. I'm wondering if there is a way to filter the water to make it safe to use to fill the pool when needed.

I do have a cover that is put on, but with the kids in the pool everyday splashing combined with the heat, I'm losing water frequently.

I have a small Hayward filter that I don't use, is there a way to run the water through it into a containment barrel where it could be disinfected, then used the pool?

I'd rather let the rest of what's left of my landscaping die if it meant using that water for the pool.

If you filtered and treated the water it would probably work. I don't know the procedure to use, but if you researched grey water purification you will probably find some information on simple systems used in remote 3rd world areas to purify water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.