Stenner size and type?

gary300

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2014
Riverside California
My pool is 38000 gal IG and I am interested in using a Stenner pump for my daily liquid Chlorine dose. I run my pump for 5 hours in the summer and 4 hours in the winter. The pump is a Maxi Glass 2 HP single speed. My current hot weather Chlorine usage is about 1/2 Gallon a day. Not sure about the winter, since I just started using the TFP method about 6 weeks ago. I will be wiring the pump to my EasyTouch 8 system. My question is, what size and type Stenner pump would work best for my situation? Also, tank size. 220 V would be my preferred voltage. Thanks.

I have a Stenner 45mp2, 15gallon tank wired to ET8. I run my pump 4 times per day via ET8 ( 1.5 hours each time ). I divide my Stenner schedule ( about 15 minutes each time ) with pump run times to maintain constant FC ( well best I can ). I am about 50 oz. of 8.25% bleach per day with CYA of 30ish, maintaining 5ppm FC. Get a fixed pump so that you can control run times with your ET8. Do you have the Easytouch remote control? I hooked mine up so I can use the bottom button on remote to turn Stenner on if demand calls for it. I think it was the aux 7 I hooked up to in ET8 box that controls that button.

Thanks for the replies. The 10 GPD pump would appear to suit my needs, as I would only have to run the pump for 72 min to get my 1/2 gallon dispensed. Would I be better off to get an assembled pump/tank or buy the pump and tank separate? Also, what is recommended, the gray tank or the white one?

The Stenner pump and tank setup is easy to assemble and you don't have to worry about mounting the pump, but it's up to you as to whether that's a concern.

The gray tank will protect the bleach from degradation a little better than the white one if it's out in the sun.

The Stenner pump and tank setup is easy to assemble and you don't have to worry about mounting the pump, but it's up to you as to whether that's a concern.

The gray tank will protect the bleach from degradation a little better than the white one if it's out in the sun.

Gray tank it is then, because the shadiest location I have for it still gets a couple of hours of sunlight. One more question, is the 1/4" or 3/8" tubing preferred. I did at one time have a rainbow 320 puck chlorinater installed but removed it a while back. I still have a hole in my return which is plugged with some of the remnants of the old clorinator. I do not know what size hole is there.

Just ordered my Stenner yesterday and am starting some pre-installation planning. Does anyone know how long the power cord is (120 V version)? Just wanted to know the length to see if I can wire the power cord directly into my EasyTouch or if I need to install a junction box. Also, does anyone know if cutting off the plug on the Stenner pump will void the warantee? I can't seem to find the answers to either question on the Stenner web site. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would think if you cut the cord it would void warranty. I mounted mine just close enough to run cord ( uncut ) through one of the knockouts on the bottom of my EasyTouch box. I then hooked a standard plug up to aux7 and plugged Stenner to that. That is how I have remote on my wireless handheld device.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.