Seeking opinions on Salt systems Bad experience with zodiac EI products

I have had two of the EI systems go out with the same power board problem and the manufacturer will not warranty because it two months out side the 12 month warranty. Based on what I'm seeing on Google searches this is a common problem. Basically I have to buy a new system every year based on the part and installation cost....Just doesn't make sense..Anyway, I'm looking at the Hayward system or recommendations of reliable, quality back companies. I'm sure all systems have problems, but shouldn't cost 100s of dollars per year.
Thaks

I've been using a Goldline AquaRite (same as Hayward) system for over ten years. T-15 cell failed after 7+ years of use, which I consider to be very good. $400 to replace divided by 7+ years service = less than $57 per year chlorine cost. The only other issue I've had was a failed resistor, which is a common issue. New part <$5, ten min with a soldering iron, and it's back in service.

Two big advantages to the Hayward: One, there are so many of them in use, that help and advice is readily available on the forums. Two, the output can easily adjusted in one percent increments.

If mine died today, I'd buy another just like it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.