Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF Test Kit

1. Back To Top    #1

TF Test Kit

Not sure if this is the appropriate category for sharing my experience with ordering the TF Test Kit. I just wanted to share with the members how great of an experience I had with ordering and recieving the test kit. Which looks like a big fishing tackle box . I ordered it Wednesday, the 18th, and it came on Saturday. I can't wait to do the first test.
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: TF Test Kit

Uh-oh......Uh, it is a fishing tackle box. Doh!

Another one of my trade secrets down the drain!

I think I'm safe, tho. The elves are out in the barn now and, although they're liquored up again, they have been making test kits like there's no tomorrow. behind-the-scenes-at-tf-test-kits-t3636.html?hilit=elves

On a more serious note, Thanks for the nice words, Roger, I (and the elves) appreciate it.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Dave,

What is the purpose of the white cloth in the basic test kit?
    21,200 gal IG gunite, CL 580 sqft Cartridge filter, aqua pure salt system, polaris 480-blue&white, Jandy PDA Remote, (4) Jandy Deck Jets

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Mine is long since gone but I believe it was intended to be there as a water absorber. Taylor packages that kit and, I must admit, I hadn't thought much about it for years. Others may have found a better or more correct use.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I've ordered other liquids by mail that came with the same material. I assume it is there in case of a leak while shipping.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

I hold the white stuff behind the color block, usually 2-3" away and move around to get a decent indirect even light through the block. Not that my aging eyes are all that good at distinguishing the color blocks, I'm not convinced that the chlorine 2 and 3 blocks are actually different.

The first (non-Taylor) test kit I bought didn't have that kind of white pad, but it did have a white card to use for the same purpose.

--paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the feedback. I'll use it as a water absorer.