Above Ground Doughboy water picture

morzh

Jul 3, 2015
Jackson, NJ
Silver Chloride Flip Plop

This is the pool I was talking about in another thread (link above), I decided I did not want to hijack it anymore than I have done already, so in a nutshell:

This pool (I wish I took photos) which I usually open April-May before the pollen drops (and then diligently filter) when it is still blue or just starts developing a little green ("open" is usde figuratively - I do not use the cover as I keep it open 'till beginning of January to allow me to swim in cold water 'till I know I can no longer keep the pump running without it getting damaged. I keep it running as it does not let the ice form), this time I opened late, 10 days ago. The algae wasn't just green, it formed a mat at the bottom, pieces of it tearing off and floating up, plus without us being in the house some teens probably threw some bricks, stones and debris inside, plus there were leaves left from the winter-spring season (oaks shed all the winter and spring).

On top of that when opening it, I found out that: 1) my pump throws GFCI consistently when water goes through it and 2) My skimmer cracked (although when I stopped the pool I closed the skimmer and drain the water).
The pool is over 30 years old so maybe it was its time :)

What I did to it is in that other thread.
In short, I bought a new skimmer, installed it, I had a new motor as I only used the pump's basket section and the old motor plus its pump last year (I damaged the pump's basket when I let it freeze unintentionally, it cracked). So I had extra motor and the pump, brand new. Lucky I guess.

The photo is taken with my phone so it is not that great, at some point I will use my SLR but:
IMG_20150714_183137c.jpg

This is the deep end (should be about 6')
And of course trees reflections, plus it was about 7pm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.