Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
First, I want to thank everyone on this forum for educating me about pools. I've been lurking for a couple of months and info is not so overwhelming now. :scratch: It's coming together.

It appears that most people have their pad located at the shallow end of a pool. Is there a reason for this?

Mine is closer to the deep end. I suspect that if you took a large enough poll, you would find pads at all locations around the pool.

Usually people place the pad where it is least conspicuous and pump noise minimized. Close to the pool is ideal but large diameter pipe can compensate for larger distances.

Mine's at the deep end. It would take more plumbing for most pools to put the equipment at the shallow end, but it could easily be done.

Shallow end for the reason given in an earlier post -- location of the pump house was to minimize pump noise. It was put into a corner of the yard where other neighbors had their pump houses. The orientation of the pool was done for ease of entry so the deep end is near the edge of the yard -- that forces the shallow end to be closer to the pump house, though there is still a distance of around 30 or so feet between them.

Richard

Neighors aren't an issue with me. Closest one is 1/2 mile away :) The shallow end will be close to the house, so I guess the deep end would/should be my choice. It will get all day sun there though.

Welcome to TFP!!

Keeping the filter system protected from UV rays is a good idea and will prolong the life of the equipment some, so if it's feasible a shed is a good idea. If you put a shed around the equipment, do yourself a favor and have a drain (whatever kind of filter you have, you will have to drain it at some point, so give the water someplace to go) and make sure that the walls provide sufficient clearance so you can work on the system easily, if need be. Remember to follow the manufacturers instructions for clearances, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.