Please tell me this thing rotates ...

sbcpool

Mar 10, 2015
Upland, CA
Just got home from work and found the insurance company's pool contractor replaced my filter. That's a good thing, but the way he installed it has me scratching my head a little. The backwash output is directed right at the plumbing in such a way that there's no possibility of attaching a hose or pipe to backwash the filter. I tried rotating the outlet, but it doesn't budge. Please tell me this thing rotates.

0e63e501ea3ba6450f2f37d7c8b42aeb.jpg

A little Googlin' shows that the bottom 90 degree is a separate piece ... so it should turn unless they glued it in for some reason.

Might try putting something in the pipe to give a little more leverage to turn it? Or you may want to try to wiggle it back and forth pushing down to try to get it to come loose.

A little Googlin' shows that the bottom 90 degree is a separate piece ... so it should turn unless they glued it in for some reason.

Might try putting something in the pipe to give a little more leverage to turn it? Or you may want to try to wiggle it back and forth pushing down to try to get it to come loose.

OK. Thanks. I used all the force I could muster with my hands and it didn't budge, and I've been able to cleanly snap the blade of a pair of loppers using that much force. I just wanted to double-check that there wasn't some special rain dance or chicken sacrifice required before using more mechanical force (like a pipe) to try and turn it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.