Filter & Pump Recommendation

May 13, 2015
Dillsburg, PA
Hi, as a very new guy to pool ownership I've been reading the various threads and would appreciate some advice. We want to upgrade the ancient filter and pump. The Hayward Tech Support folks recommended a DE6020 filter and SP2610 (1.5 HP) pump as suitable replacements. My concern is that the old filter held 100 sq ft of DE vs 60 sq ft in the new filter...bottom line, is this sufficent to ensure proper cleaning in this fairly large pool. Likewise, is it smart to up the pump power by 50% although i like the idea of more power for vacuuming and cleaning? BTW, the Pool School article is a goldmine of information that I've read over several times now. Thanks TFP!

60 sq-ft is the minimum size I would go with but a little larger would not hurt and allow you to have more time between cleanings.

But a 1.5 HP is probably larger than what you need. Instead of the Superpump, I would go with a MaxFlo XL 1 HP 2 speed (SP2307X102). I think it is a slightly better design than the SuperPump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.