Abalone Shells

Jun 8, 2015
Florida
Our Pebble Sheen is being applied tomorrow and we decided to add the abalone shells. I was told they can apply it mixed in with the Sheen through the gun or they can "broadcast" (apply by hand) it on top. If it's mixed in, some of it wont be seen as it will get buried. If it's broadcasted (hand applied), it will lay on top more and be more visible. If it is applied this way, they said the walls would not be done. The only way to get coverage on walls is to go the mixed in route. If you have Abalone shells, how did they apply yours? Pics would be very much appreciated.

I arranged shells through pool builder. The deck sq/ft was a little short so they credited me towards the shells. They are out there now applying the sheen. They are doing the shells by hand, including the walls after all. Man, they are fast!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man..... I love your sun shelf with the little turtle fellas!!! Now I want that, too! (also your huge sun shelf!)

Is that Blue Granite? Whatever it is, it looks great!

Gee....... your information in your signature with the pool color must have disappeared! I wonder what in the world happened? I can't imagine?!!!
Suz. :slidehalo:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Oh man..... I love your sun shelf with the little turtle fellas!!! Now I want that, too! (also your huge sun shelf!)

Is that Blue Granite? Whatever it is, it looks great!

Gee....... your information in your signature with the pool color must have disappeared! I wonder what in the world happened? I can't imagine?!!!
Suz. :slidehalo:
I guess you forgot about us talking about color in my build thread already....lol blue granite. Sig coming soon

I guess you forgot about us talking about color in my build thread already....lol blue granite. Sig coming soon

Sorry, my mind is too scattered to remember everyone's pool details! And ohhhh myyyyy, it's just soooo exhausting to use my little fingers to click on page numbers and THEN search for the name...... Even just scrolling to the top of a page is more than I can manage! Lol!!! Anyway, you get the point..... Help out us old people! Lol!!!! (you're a good sport, btw!)

So, acid wash tomorrow and then fill?
Suz.

Sorry, my mind is too scattered to remember everyone's pool details! And ohhhh myyyyy, it's just soooo exhausting to use my little fingers to click on page numbers and THEN search for the name...... Even just scrolling to the top of a page is more than I can manage! Lol!!! Anyway, you get the point..... Help out us old people! Lol!!!! (you're a good sport, btw!)

So, acid wash tomorrow and then fill?
Suz.
Yep! Tomorrow can't come soon enough

I'm late to the party - but I will answer your question anyway. I had asked for the shell to be hand seeded. However, when the PT finisher came out, they actually mixed it into the mix. I didn't realize this until the finish was sprayed onto the pool. Here's the funny thing - when I was talking to the finisher, he asked me how much I paid for the abalone. I told him $100 for the pool. He was surprised because he said each bag typically cost $70, and he put in 7 bags. So I am not sure if I was supposed to get 1 bag of abalone shell that was supposed to be hand seeded but instead got 7 bags that were mixed in. Or did the sales guy give me a deal? Either way - I didn't have to pay any "extra" if it was a mistake. I love the way the abalone shell sparkles in the pool. Best part - I am an abalone diver, so I plan on having abalone shells decoration around my pool. :)

Minh

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.