where woud I be able to find manuals on proline pool pumps?

Proline is a wholesale distributor and doesn't make pumps. They just slapped their label on it. Backup in the picture so we can see the whole pump.

e407a5faebe28c2d2792522cc1f864ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Proline is basically a house brand name. Several companies use the same wet end. Waterway is one of them. Doughboy is bad about that. If something breaks the customer has a hard time getting information and ends up getting a DB branded part. Why do you need the manual. Not much too them and the rebuild kit. The motor should be standard AO Smith.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

Well, this is not a new pool system. and I'm new to pools. Was just trying to get info on the pump and filter so I know i'm starting up/closing system correctly. It is also a 2 speed, but I dont know exactly what that means. are both speeds 2 hp, or is the slower speed a slower HP? its a 12,000gal oval pool, which speed should I be using? figured the manual maybe mention some of that.

If any of you could answer some of those questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Well, this is not a new pool system. and I'm new to pools. Was just trying to get info on the pump and filter so I know i'm starting up/closing system correctly. It is also a 2 speed, but I dont know exactly what that means. are both speeds 2 hp, or is the slower speed a slower HP? its a 12,000gal oval pool, which speed should I be using? figured the manual maybe mention some of that.
Low speed is half the flow rate of high speed but about 1/4th the energy use (1/8th BHP) so pretty good energy savings. Use low speed when you can and only high speed when you need to (vacuuming, spring clean up, etc).

ok, stupid question wh tis BHP? anothe question along the same, I was looking at possibly trying a "solar pool heater'. most of those seem to cap the hp to 1 hp, otherwiser a diverter valve is recommended. Wouth the low speed stay under the 2hp? thanks

BHP = brake HP = the horsepower required to spin the impeller at a specific RPM. So while the required BHP is 1/8th of high speed, the electrical energy is 1/4th of high speed because efficiency in the low speed winding is about half that of the high speed winding.

most of those seem to cap the hp to 1 hp, otherwiser a diverter valve is recommended. Wouth the low speed stay under the 2hp? thanks
I don't understand what you are asking here. Don't be concerned with HP, it is a very poor predictor of performance.

I don't understand what you are asking here. Don't be concerned with HP, it is a very poor predictor of performance.

Meaning that when I've looked at the solar coil heaters, quite a few of them seem to be concerned about too high of HP (usually seems anything over 1HP) would damage the heaters. ( I'm assuming busting the pipes since thats all these heaters are)

Do you have an example of this warning? Normally this shouldn't be an issue and can mitigated by other factors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.