PH: 7.5
FC: 27.5
CC: 0.0
CH: 250
TA: 80
CYA: 70
Borates: 40
Salt: 3200

From what I've read, and the Pool Calculator, I do nothing at this point. Is that correct? I just wait for the FC to fall on it's own? Do I leave the SWG off until FC gets into a more normal range? Should I still be testing daily if it passed the overnight test? Or can I go back to a weely routine?

On the one hand, I feel empowered having completed my first "go round" self-testing and SLAMing. But, that FC number is a little scary.

Thanks,

Let the FC fall normally. You should still test FC every day until the it comes down to single digits. Then you should turn on the SWG and start determining your cell output % versus pump run time in order to keep your FC at the recommended level for you CYA. Once you get your FC to hold at 3-5 FC using only your SWG, then you can go to testing only with your K-1000 color comparison TC and pH testing. But even that should be done daily until you're very comfortable with things, then at least every other day. You worked hard to get the pool clear, no sense not investing 10 minutes a day (usually less) to make sure your chemistry is good. Then I'd still do FC/CC and TA every week with drop based testing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.