IC60 Flashing Red/Green Lights on Salt, No Cell Light

NJS

Jul 6, 2014
Kansas
Good Morning! This is my first post and I am only half way through my first cup of coffee so bear with me! I have an IG Pool with a IntelliCholr (IC60) SWG. Starting yesterday the indicator lights on the control panel were flashing from red to green on the salt level indicators. It is accompanied by a red flow light as well as no light on the cell indicator. have n This is only my second summer managing the pool on my own. The first summer, we got by with a prayer, and some help from the local pool company. I believe we had the red no flow light last year when our salt was low, but I can't recall. We added 2 bags of the granule water softening salt last week and another 3 last night. I believe I read on here or another forum that you can use the blue bags of water softener salt. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Testing the water with a Taylor 2006 kit, I believe all my numbers are within normal range

pH: 7.2
FC: 3.8
CC: 0
TA: 100-110 (it was red at 100, but not like RED, RED)
CH: 120
CYA: 50
Salinity Index: 0.5

Pool Specs:
36,000 gal IG vinyl pool built in March 2003
Intellichlor IC60 SWG
Tagelus Sand Filter
Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
Century Centurion - Back up pump
Cover Star Auto Cover
Amerilite Underwater Light
Intermatic Manual Timer

11745397_1137084926307642_3854731156290793489_n.jpg11027125_1137084919640976_3575572903250803687_n.jpgpump.jpg

NJS,

Inside the cell is a flow switch. Kind of looks like the thing hanging down in the back of your throat. :p Either the flow switch is bad/not working or you don't have enough water flowing through the cell. Either way, I would not worry about the other lights until the flow indicator starts working. If you have good water flow coming out of your return eyeballs, then most likely it is a bad flow switch. If you have very weak water flow from your return eyeballs, then most likely your filter is dirty. If you think it is the flow switch, then remove the cell and look inside and see what you can see. The flow switch should move freely. May as well clean the cell and try it again. If still bad, I believe that you can get just the flow switch off the internet.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.