Need vacuum hookup help for intex without skimmer. Picture and backstory inside.

May 30, 2015
Southern Illinois
Ok, so this is starting to drive me a little mad, this is what has happened thus far. We bought a hose from walmart that was a 2inch, 35 ft hose and set out to find something that would fit into the white hose coming out of the basket (which I have a spare for) and fit onto the other end of my vacuum hose.

attachment.php

I ended up with this contraption thanks to the guys at True Value (I am not handy)
attachment.php
. That did not work as I kept losing pressure because it wasn't airtight. Even after gluing it all with pvc pipe glue there was still air leaking and I couldn't get pressure.

So then I got this magical piece that actually worked
attachment.php
. I had two wonderful vacuuming sessions where I had great pressure (as opposed to having the girlfriend hold the tube up to one of the two returns and getting very light pressure which is annoying for everyone).

But all good things end.
attachment.php
Oddly it cracked in between uses somehow but now this hose is kaput as well and I'm starting over.

So I figured I should probably come here because you guys have always helped me out of a jam. I am using the 28651EG Intex Krystal Clear 3000 GPH Sand Filter Pump and am wondering if anyone has an easily repeatable solution (hose/piece combo) that will fit allow me to connect my vacuum hose (which I will have to buy now) to my spare white hose.

Attachments

• 20150713_165231.jpg
    20150713_165231.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 365
  • 20150713_165246.jpg
    20150713_165246.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 347
  • 20150713_165447.jpg
    20150713_165447.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 345
  • 20150713_165350.jpg
    20150713_165350.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 340
I am watching with interest, as I have the same set up. Right now I have the hose that was attached to my old 18 foot Intex's over the wall skimmer with the threaded end. A little duck tape, and it worked, but I haven't tried it on the new pool. It has the double inlets, not sure how to get it to work well.

I meant I took the hose off off the skimmer to hook it to the inlet of the old pool. I used duct tape to hold it together. A little redneck, but hey, it worked! Not sure if I can get it to work on the new pool. I may use my back wash hose (extra Intex hose with the regular threaded end) and try to hook it right to the pump, by passing the double inlets. Have only had the pool filter running a few days, haven't had time to fuss with it. Was going to tonight, but my son has a friend over, and they are using the pool right now. Here is a pic of what I meant.

[/URL

Drywall guy, I will get another picture tomorrow when the sun comes out. It is the white hose at the bottom right in my first picture.

RickW, thank you! So that will fit right onto the leaf basket and then connect to a 1 1/4 hose, correct? I just want to make sure I have it straight before I buy.

Check this thread and see if this helps you....
Coleman (Intex) filter vacuum attachment

Oh, you mean running it through the inlet? My pool has two and they are rather small, I don't get very good suction when I do that and I had to rig up something to keep them secure (one slipped off and lost a lot of water, they are cheaply made) and it makes the circle not uniform so the plugs also don't fit. I am wanting to hook up the vacuum hose straight to the prefilter on the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Sorry I can't help you on intex fittings yet. My neighbor has recently been put in the same situation so if we figure something out before you I'll let you know. We probably won't work on it together till this weekend. I've seen videos of hard plumbing intex pools so that may be a route we go at least partially. I'm thinking that we need to make an adapter to go from inex hose to hard PVC. Then put union on hard PVC to pump. Get a second union for vac hose, but only use one end that will fit to union that was added to hard PVC after the intex adapter. I will probably leave extra pipe between intex to pvc adapter and it's union in case I need to add a shutoff valve to prevent collapsing the intex hose while vacuuming. Of course everything works out better in my head than real life and actual plan depends on neighbor.

Oh, you mean running it through the inlet? My pool has two and they are rather small, I don't get very good suction when I do that and I had to rig up something to keep them secure (one slipped off and lost a lot of water, they are cheaply made) and it makes the circle not uniform so the plugs also don't fit. I am wanting to hook up the vacuum hose straight to the prefilter on the pump.

I'm not a fan of the new setup so far. Heading out soon to see if I can make what I used last year on the old pool work on this one. Checked to see if that blue thing would screw on the place that the inlet cover comes off of, and it did, not sure if it will be airtight though. Concerned that I have to take both pieces off to plug the other inlet, so I get enough suction. That's why I, like you, was considering hooking up right to the pump. I dug out the extra piece of Intex hose I had that came with the sand pump. Crossing my fingers I can vacuum. I don't have a solar cover yet, lots of bugs on the floor.

RickW, thank you! So that will fit right onto the leaf basket and then connect to a 1 1/4 hose, correct? I just want to make sure I have it straight before I buy.

You unhook your inlet going into the pump. hook up the adapter, fill your hose with water and cover the end with your hand to hold the water, bring it out of the pool and slide over adapter gets everything a little wet from the siphoning but works great for me will upload pictures if i can ever get the email to send from my phone

I will have to try Rick's way. My current setup worked okay, but the debris got stuck at the small opening of the inlet. I cleaned it, and it worked well enough again. Was worried about the black plug, it fit over the blue part, the suction held it in place.

I was going to do it through the skimmer, but I was concerned with the other inlet being open still that it wouldn't provide enough suction. Plus I already had this connection laying around. It also works to screw onto the discharge of the sand filter to use the long vacuum hose to get waste water away from pump and pool when backwashing

I had been contemplating doing that when I first set up the new pool, glad to know it works! Do you closer the plunger valve, and turn the filter to closed while hook in it up? Wondering how to minimize water loss.

I have an extra hose, like the one that goes from the pump to the plunger to the outlet that I may try to make work.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck with it, I'm buying the adapter! Sorry to hijack the post!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.