How much would a pool like this cost in Houston, TX

I say call some pool builders today and put your wonderings to rest. It will be much easier to move forward. A pool builder will do you more justice in getting an idea of costs.

If you would like, send me a private message through this site. I can give you some builders and numbers. I just can't say for sure if they build in your area.

Suz.

I will call some PB today to see if they can come out and give me a quote. Just didn't want them to think I was wasting their time because it will be a while before we give them the contract. Have to find the right house and lot size, sell our current house, move and settle in before we can start the build process for the pool.

I will send you a PM (If i can figure out how to do it, still new to this site). Thanks for your help and support.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be awesome !!! The $80k+ number was making us have second thoughts.

I will call some PB today to see if they can come out and give me a quote. Just didn't want them to think I was wasting their time because it will be a while before we give them the contract. Have to find the right house and lot size, sell our current house, move and settle in before we can start the build process for the pool.

I will send you a PM (If i can figure out how to do it, still new to this site). Thanks for your help and support.

- - - Updated - - -

That would be awesome !!! The $80k+ number was making us have second thoughts.

See! Better news already!!

If a PB acts like you're wasting his time, write him off your list - immediately!!! You don't need someone like that. My PB has a great attitude. He told me he once worked with a family for about 2 years before they were ready. And he realized he might not even get the bid. He feels he doesn't want anyone building a pool who isn't ready, and an informed customer is his favorite customer. Now, that could be when he was in leaner years! Lol!!! And as much as I love him, he's spread too thin now. Usually, though, it's his designer/assistant who first comes out for the visit. She takes your info, designs a preliminary rendition for you to check (usually by email), and then the PB prices it out. She would probably be able to give you a ballpark figure. Which brings me to a more valid issue....

The PB's are busy now, so you might have to wait a couple of weeks for a bid.

Are you waiting on this information before you begin looking for another house?

To send me a PM: click on my user name: click on 'Private Message'. And you're there. It's much like an email except this site protects people's privacy. If you like, I can PM you first.
Suz.

You might want to ask the question as "If I sign with you today" where am I on this list (dig date)? Don't EVER believe it takes 6-8 weeks if he has 10+ pools going when he signs you. Chances are with rain/busy time of the year you should think "worse case" 12-14 weeks at least. I'm starting week 13 today from dig. lol

My co-worker just informed me that it took 10 weeks to complete is pool but he started in Oct.

I would also add in the contract that every "week" past a certain complete date = 1k in LD's.

This will speed up the process. Either the PB will except it or not.

Ok, quick update. Of several pool builders that I contacted, a lot of them don't build in our area. Some never called back. The rest want me to call back when we have bought the new house. So not much luck with the PBs so far. The most help I have gotten was from you guys and Suz. I really thank you guys for that. In addition to your help, the closest I could get to a number was using the threads that have a $ cost number in it and then add on or subtract anything that is different compared to mine.

I'm so sorry that no PB would help you out with a ballpark figure (closer than anything we could give you). I know that's important to help with deciding among the options you have.

It seems like they could ballpark it regardless of where you move. Then adjust.

Maybe if you try again late August or early September, they will have slowed down and be willing to come to your place and give a bid.?

If I can ever get my PB to slow down a second, I'll ask if he has any suggestions. But don't hold your breath.
Take care.
Suz.

Marlahoutex,
We are in the Kingwood area and would either move within Kingwood or Atascocita/Humble area. Just looking for a larger lot and preferably single story home.

Suz,
I will try again in the winter months. I was just surprised that they didn't have the time or interest to quote what could've been maybe a 30 min job since the pool already exists and I am just looking for a ball park number.

Suz,
I will try again in the winter months. I was just surprised that they didn't have the time or interest to quote what could've been maybe a 30 min job since the pool already exists and I am just looking for a ball park number.

When you do call, and you still aren't quite ready to move..... try faxing the info and a diagram to them. Give them all the specs and all those wonderful upgrades you have. Include it all. They might be more willing if they don't know you're just or price checking.
Suz.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.