Looking for duraleigh's design on pool cooler...

Jun 30, 2015
Meridian, MS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello all, I was just doing a search to find effective ways to cool down my pool. It is in full sun from 8:00 am, until about 6:00 pm, absolutely none in the shade until then. My pool temps have been in the low to mid 90's. I came across a thread in which duraleigh was talking about his cooler/fountain. He says that he drilled 1/8" holes in his pvc, but the streams in the photo he posted look larger. Also, how high do the streams need to go to be most effective. I did look at a link to the mistcooler, but i liked the fact that duraleigh's cooler did not look as obtrusive.

Thanks, duraleigh, i had read the thread you posted, and at line #36, you said 1/4" holes in the top, so that is why i was asking. I want to take a moment here to thank you very much for all of the great advice and tips that you and the rest of the mods and senior members of this site are willing to share, and for all of y'all's patience with a bunch on noobs, like myself, that probably ask the same questions over and over.:salut: Following the advice on pool chemistry and pool school, in a little less than a month, my pool water has become the envy of everyone I know with a pool. One down side is, i can't go swimming anywhere else, when i look at some of the water that people that trust the poolstores, think is "clean"! :roll:

Does this cause much ph rise?
The pH in my pool (TA - 80) has always been fairly stable. Coupled with it's a pretty large volume of water and my pH didn't move much. I didn't track it as carefully as I could but I would guess a rise of .2 over a weeks worth of using the pool cooler.

I can report that it kept the pool much cooler (around 86) on even our hottest days. The biggest technical issue I had was the subsequent mist was difficult to keep in the pool and the surrounding decking stayed wet. Wind was a killer to my water level.

Absolutely no apologies necessary, dualeigh! As I have not built it yet, no harm done. I am getting the pvc this afternoon. Will let you know how it does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.