EC65 filter problem

Jul 13, 2015
Akron OH
Filter is not filling to top. Pressure air release on top does not have any air or water shooting out. Cleaned fingers with acid bath, replaced top gasket. Psi is 15 after cleaning. Prime basket has air bubbles. Have checked lines from skimmer and found no leaks. Dug up lines and no leaks. have tried everything I can think of. Any suggestions? System worked until cleaned fingers with acid bath. Also lubed o-ring on prime bowl. It returns water to pool but suction is very minimal only fills prime bowl to about half full. :(

Yes I know. Have checked all lines even dug up under ground lines. Found no leaks. Real problem is filter it's self not filling to top. It always filled and could release air with top release valve. Problem started after cleaning filter fingers.

Sounds like there's too much air in the system for the pump to prime and pump fully.

I think it was a coincidence that this happened when you cleaned the filter.

Can you post a pic of the equipment pad, especially the pump near the suction area?

Have you removed the drain plugs on the pump and strainer basket and cleaned and resealed them? there should be more than one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.