Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer/Program Memory Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Timer/Program Memory Question

I am really excited about how inexpensively I can add a SWG to our AGP! We currently run the pump from a timer located next to the electrical panel in the garage. It shuts the power off at the house so if I had a SWG out by the pump, it too would loose electricity. Is there simple/logical/reasonable way around this problem? Does anybody's have a 9v battery back up like my radio alarm clock in the house?

Shelley
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Timer/Program Memory Question

I don't see what the problem is. Nearly all SWGs are designed to be able to be powered off when the pump is off. That is a very common way of installing a SWG.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I was reading where if you lost your power, they lost their memory and didn't know how long to run.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

4. Back To Top    #4

There are just a couple of SWGs that lose their memory on power down, and they are fairly rare these days. Nearly all of the currently sold models are fine. What brand/model of SWG are you installing?
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Why, that was my next question, Jason!

I was just all excited when I saw I could get an Intex for about $150 on eBay. It's probably the one that loses it's mind when the power goes out, right? Whichever model I choose, it will be driven by cost.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

6. Back To Top    #6

The Intex 8110/8220/8230 series do forget everything if they lose power. The older Intex 6110 can be used with a timer if you set things up correctly.

7. Back To Top    #7

This is the one that comes up on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/Intex-Salt-Water-Ch ... dZViewItem

I can't find what "series" it is, even when looking on the Intex web site: http://www.intexstore.com/ProductDetail ... ductID=267

They look the same, but can it be that easy?
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

8. Back To Top    #8

Just got off the phone with Intel. Looks like I have to find a different way to time my pump. If this SWG looses power it will go into alarm daily.

How does everyone time their pumps then is the question! The way I do it evidently won't work. It will have to be between the outlet and the pump and mine is just a box with a plastic cover over the outlet sticking up out of the ground on a 4x4.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

9. Back To Top    #9

The Intex 6110 looks different, it has a salt tank sitting on top that covers up the rest of the unit. I am not sure they even make it any more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Back To Top    #10

i'd invest a bit more money into better quality SWG. A lot of people have problems with Intex, there was a big thread on here about it.

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Strannik
    i'd invest a bit more money into better quality SWG. A lot of people have problems with Intex, there was a big thread on here about it.
    http://www.swimmingpool.com/

"Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

12. Back To Top    #12

I know...I know...you get what you pay for. It just seems to jump from $199 to $599.

I looked briefly for threads on the Intex, I guess I wasn't thorough enough. What is the main trouble with them?
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

13. Back To Top    #13

Hi Shelley,

Here's the link I think they are talking about:

intex-swg-t1090.html?hilit=intex%20swg
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!