iAqualink , solar panels , and Jandy ePump RPM

Feb 25, 2015
Davis, CA
Hello All,

This past weekend, I installed solar panels. The solar panels are controlled by my iAqualink that is attached to an Aqualink RS6 pool and spa. I don't have a spa. Whenever my solar kicks in, my pool pump (Jandy ePump 2HP) will bump up the RPM to 2500 which causes the water to move quite fast, and for energy consumption to increase drastically. I can't seem to find any place to reduce the RPM. Is it possible to tell the pump to run at a lower RPM when in the solar is running?

Thanks
Minh

Nevermind. I think I figured it out. When the solar kicks in, it goes to the the variable speed preset 7. According to the owner manual:

Preset 7:
For the pool pump, if the system is in the SOLAR HEAT mode or the HEAT PUMP mode then thepump will run at this preset speed. If the system is not configured for solar heat or a heat pump then the default label will be SPEED7. For the spa pump the default label is SPEED7

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.