Thought my pump died!

Jul 1, 2015
Murfreesboro, TN
OK, so I almost had a stroke this morning because I went out and the pump was off. I run it 24/7 just to keep the water moving and still getting use to the method of keeping pool in balance.

Anyway, checked the breaker, GFI first and all was well there, so it had to be the pump. I couldn't get a click on and off with the switch, but immediately went to the internet to see what a new pump would cost. Almost pulled the trigger until I came on here and read how folks here take the motor apart to fix at times. I thought what the heck, let me check a few things.

I ended up by passing the on/off switch and plugged the motor in and "YAHTZEE!" it started up. Went to the local pool store and he had spare switches he removed from broken pumps and for $5, I am back in business.

My first thought when I went out this morning was that my pool was about to turn green without moving water. Added my morning dose of bleach and I am back to getting work done by the pool and thinking of when I get a chance to swim again this afternoon!

Thanks for all the support here!

A pools does not turn green in a jiffy if you do not filter, takes time plus it has to be inoculated and have some nutrients and little FC.
But it is somewhat of a race against time so, yes, the sooner you fix it, the better.
Good fixin'!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.