low pressure

Jul 13, 2015
Brookfield, Ct
Recently my pump pressure has dropped from where it was. We were told by a pool company that originally it was too high (around 20) and now it has dropped to 10. With this drop, I do not have enough suction to vacuum. It does remove some debris, but pushes some around also. In addition, the pump skimmer basket does not fill completely with water. It is about an inch short.

I have tried cleaning the filter, thinking that was dirty and obstructing the water flow. No change! I have tried running the pump with no filter cartridges to see if the filters were bad. No change! I have checked the hoses for holes and there are none.

HELP!

Maybe a suction side air leak??? Can you take shaving cream and spray it around your pump basket, that will show if the air leak is at the pump.. If it is, use PTFE lube on the O-ring and see if that stops it..

It might help readers to know exactly what type of pool and equipment you have as well. Your signature is currently blank. You can add info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.