FAC 2ppm
TAC 2
Salt 3100
CH 210
CYA 90
TA 120
pH 7.8
Pho 1000

I am new to the pool ownership, well I have been trying to learn over the past year. The water looks clear and has a sparkle to it, bought the home with the pool it is in ground and maybe 3 years old at most. The only problem that I have been seeing after we left for a week is now we have backswimmers? I think that is what they are. I have been trying to catch them and dispose of them properly. Any ideas on how to get rid of them and do I need to adjust the chemistry of the water?

We do not put much stock in pool store test results. Too many times they have been not just wrong but WAY wrong and leading to much $$ spend with little to no results.

Look at my siggy to find the test kits we all use and love. A little money up front will save you major money in the end.

Proper FC will help get rid of the backswimmers.

Here is a chart for FC/CYA. As you can see your FC is low so...........you are in danger of having more problems.

Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

Let us know when you get your test kit and we can walk you through how to do it. There are videos that show it also.

Kim

pH could be lower...CYA must be lower...FC absolutely must be higher.

Water chemistry won't get rid of bugs, at least anything that a pool would use.

I have read that borates help reduce bug populations. We have borates and a few bugs. But, we live in the woods so maybe without borates we would have lots of bugs.

Use your test kit and the links given to find what you need to do to keep your water clear.

In my pool when I have backswimmers I just push my FC to SLAM level overnight and they are dead. I have a pond right behind my pool so I know that is where they come from.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.