Salt cell clips

Jan 5, 2008
Geelong Australia
Hi there

I have a Questa Questachlor Xtra Self cleaning salt chlorinator which produces about 30 grams per hour.

The cell is in good shape and once a season (even though it's self cleaning) I remove the cell from the cell housing and soak it in a pool shop bought salt cell cleaning solution at exactly the recommended rates. Hose it off with clean water and re-install it.

I have tried everywhere her in Oz to purchase the 3 cell plate retaining clips that keep the plates separated and locate the cell firmly in the cell housing. Pool shops just say that they just buy the cells and cannot supply the clips separately.
I can furnish an image or two if required but can anyone tell me where I might be able to purchase these clips/retainers.

Cheers

Post up an image, i might be able to help you out.

The self-cleaning doesn't mean fully self cleaning, it means low maintenance. How often you have to clean it will depend on your water balance. Some people never have to clean them, some clean them every month.

Hi there

Many thanks for the reply. I hope these images are indicative of the clips. Otherwise I am happy to dismantle the cell from the housing and take better shots.

Cheers.

Attachments

• Salt Cell 001.jpg
    Salt Cell 001.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 288
  • Salt Cell 002.jpg
    Salt Cell 002.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 288
  • Salt Cell 003.jpg
    Salt Cell 003.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 289
Cannot see much on the pictures, you'd need to take the cell out.

Is this them?

CS.gif

Hi there

I'll take the cell out and take better shots. The clips in the image you have supplied are not the right ones. They appear to be straight at the sides where the ones that retain this cell are curved to fit in the inner diameter of the cell housing. If you look closely at the top of the clips in the housing they have a curved extrusion at the top and on the side of the clip you cannot see in the image/s. They just clip to together on one side of the clip (not two halves)
I'm sure better shots will help.

EDIT:::: Clips are exactly the same as these as is the cell and cap although stated for Omega/Pantera (30 amp reverse polarity)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/POOL-SALT-CELL-O ... _Spa_Beach

Thanks again.
Cheers

Hi there

I have been in touch with a couple of suppliers and had no luck, although one supplier did offer some advice using a hot glue gun to glue the clips in place on the plates to steady them. I will use this technique if I cannot purchase new clips. It seems the cell is an Omega cell, which I have used Google to find but again, no luck.

I've posted better images of the cell for a better idea of the clips I am after.

Attachments

• Salt Cell 001.jpg
    Salt Cell 001.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Salt Cell 002.jpg
    Salt Cell 002.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 187
  • Salt Cell 003.jpg
    Salt Cell 003.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 187
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.