IntelliFlo VF speed / time recommendation?

Jul 12, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
Hi all,

I just "inherited" a pool with some issues that are being discussed elsewhere but wanted to ask here about recommendations for pump speed (rpm) and time... I know it can be more art than science and that you might need a lot more info to give an accurate estimate but I am just looking for initial pointers since this fancy pump is a new one for me. The pool I have is rectangular, 5' in the deep end where the single skimmer is, with two returns in the shallow end that is stepped down to ~3'. It is currently being run 4 hours from 9am-1pm at 2100rpm. I have no clue if that is a good speed or not but I feel like that is certainly not long enough and all other things considered I have no confidence in that speed being anything other than a "default" setting.

Thanks in advance!

Rick

I run mine at 1100rpm for skimming and the SWG to make chlorine. 1950 rpm for solar. 1500 rpm for skimming and waterfall. 2450 rpm for solar and waterfall.

We have a LOT of trees that drop stuff nearly all the time, during the busy season spring and fall pump runs 24x7, non-busy time 12 hrs. At 1100 rpm the pump draws 150 watts, it costs less than $12/mo to run the pump 24x7.

It took some time and trial and error to get to these numbers. The pump has been running like this for 3 years.

I'm learning vs pumps can run a lot of things based on what you want to do and it doesn't cost much. I run mine at 1500 for 12 hours and 2500 for spa. I go around 2k for suction vacuum and 650 for pressure vacuum. Some times if the top needs skimming quickly I'll run it at 3k for an hour.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.