difficulty of vinyl liner installation?

May 20, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I'm in the planning stages for a vinyl liner IG pool. We are DYI'ers and want to be able to install/change our liner ourselves. Is an 'L' shaped pool liner more difficult to install than a rectangular one? Is it more difficult to install a liner with vinyl over stairs compared to a pool with fiberglass steps? I am considering the L-shape so we could get a larger shallow end and the vinyl over steps because the prices I've seen on the pre-fab steps are high and I think it may look better to have the steps the same color as the rest of the pool.

Yes and yes.

Installing a liner certainly can be done yourself. Over steps and L-shaped does make it more complicated. The most important part of liner installation is getting all of the measurements as perfect as possible so that it's properly sized. I can't stress it enough, the proper measurements are everything. Installation itself can be difficult as well. There are a few threads here on TFP of users doing it themselves, I suggest you check them out by using the search box up above. There are lots of youtube videos out there as well. A good shop vac is required and the more people you have that can be good helpers for installation, the better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.