Filter is noisy and bubbly

Jul 5, 2015
Oceandside
Hi All,

I have an inground pool. About a week ago, a PVC pipe connected to my Hawyward Superpump became dislodged. We got the pipe repaired. Since then, we noticed that when the filter is on, lots of air bubbles come through the jets in the pool and the filter is noisier than we recall. The filter is a Hayward S200 Series High Rate Sand Filter. The pool guy came and recommended we let the filter run for 24 hours to get the air out. We kept the filter on as recommended but there are still more bubbles than in the past and the filter is still pretty noisy. Please let me know of any suggestions to fix these issues. Thanks.

D

Hello D. I'm guessing you never had this problem until the repair a week ago? If that's the case, my gut would tell me there's a small air leak somewhere in the vicinity of that repair. When you have a suction leak, you won't necessarily see water dripping, it's just pulling-in a tiny bit of air causing the bubbles. But for your benefit, this page Pool School - Suction Side Air Leaks is used by all of us to try and track-down any leaks on the suction side of the plumbing. Read these tips and it help you find the course. Good luck!

Thanks. I will check things out when I get home. Also, not sure if this changes the answer, but after running for 24+ hours, the pool was still dirty. I noticed plenty of bugs, leaves, etc. that would typically be taken care of by the filter. I checked the skimmers and they were not full, so I don't know what exactly the filter was doing all that time. Second, after turning off the pump and filter for a few hours, I tried to turn everything on again. Everything sounded like it was working, but I did not see or feel anything coming out of the jets in the pool. Please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.