intex pool with polaris 65

Feb 18, 2009
hello,

I ve been trying to find some info about my problem...Basically its just a simple question.. We have an intex 24 x 4.4 round above ground pool and I am trying to find a connection part for the polaris 65 cleaner.. no success so far..Does anybody have some info where I can find an adapter kit..or something like that..

Thanks

If your looking for an "off the shelf" connector, good luck. Intex uses their special fittings that fit nothing. LOL Although what I have found works well is the adapter that comes with the skimmer. I use it for our manual vacuum and it works great.
This is the adapter: Skimmer Plate

I'm not sure if the Polaris 65 is a suction or pressure side cleaner, but this adapter will get you to a standard 1/5" hose nipple. If you need something else you can go to Home Depot(or any other hardware store) and get a rubber coupler to adapt it to hard PVC fittings.
Something like this, but hardware store will have them in many sizes. Rubber Coupler

HTH,
Adam

Thank you! I ve already talked to somebody from polaris and intex and they think that I can't get it to work....and of course they don't sell any adapter or wallfitting kit....I will check your links out and got to a hardware store tomorrow:)

I just looked at the link for the Polaris. You CAN make it work! Disregaurd what the Polaris or Intex people tell you. :roll: As long as your pump has the GPM and PSI to run the cleaner it will work.

If the blue adapter I had in my first reply works on your return(it should) then all you need is a 1.5"-1.5" rubber coupler and another piece that looks like the cleanout I linked to below. If you can find one that will fit directly into the rubber coupling, great, that's all you need. If not, you'll need a short piece of 1.5" pipe and a cleanout that slips over the pipe. The Polaris Universal Adapter will screw right into any 1.5" female threaded fitting.

1.5" Rubber Coupling

1.5" Clean-out You won't need the plug for your application.

Good Luck,
Adam

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.