TFP rocks!

keithk

Jul 11, 2010
We've had so much rain lately here in MO, that last night I was starting to drain a few inches of water out of the pool so it wouldn't overflow when the kids jumped in. I drained an inch or so out last night and was going to let some more out this morning. I go out only to find the water below the suction. When I looked further, I found that the hose between the filter and pump went bad... I have looked at many threads over the past few years that I knew people had hard piped their pumps. Without this forum, I don't know what I would have done. Yeah, I could have used some silicone to try and fix the hose, but this worked so much better IMO. Thanks again to everyone who has posted pics of their modified Intex pools!

I might add, the only thing I needed to add was a rubber gasket on the filter to get a good seal.

Just a note. Looks like you used a DWV fitting which are typically not pressure rated like a schedule 40 90 fitting. In this application the pressure is really not very high, so very likely you will never have a problem. Just might want to keep in mind that it would be better to use the proper fitting in the future if a problem does develop.

Yes it is. I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Just a note. Looks like you used a DWV fitting which are typically not pressure rated like a schedule 40 90 fitting. In this application the pressure is really not very high, so very likely you will never have a problem. Just might want to keep in mind that it would be better to use the proper fitting in the future if a problem does develop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.