New Conversion. Salt at 4100. Empty and Re-Fill?

I used the test strips that came with the Hayward. The pump ran all night and the SWG did not get turned on until last this morning. I would say it was a good 13 hours. The test strip barely showed a reading above 1 before I added the salt. I was about to add more salt because the test strip barely got above 2 this morning after adding 320lbs! Then the SWG registers 4100 after turning it on.

Should I turn the SWG off?

As long as the amps don't get to 8, it should not give a "high salt" error. Try brushing the entire pool and add some fresh water if the water level is a bit low.

Can you post the diagnostics? (The numbers displayed when you push the black button near the display).

Also note that nine 40 lb bags is 360 lbs.

What cell do you have?

Try again tomorrow after brushing today and allowing for more circulation.

The fourth number is amps. As long as that stays below 8, you're good.

The reason I noted the amount of salt is that you say 320 lbs in one post. Just wanted to clarify which it was. 360 lbs in 16,000 gallons is only 2,700 ppm. Unless you started with high salt, you should be ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.