new pool cloudy water!!!

Jul 11, 2015
Bay City
I just got a small pool for the kids 3 weeks ago its a coleman pool above ground holds about 5300 gallons of water i have been putting chlorine in once a week and the algae guard in it as directed. I think i might have put to much algae guard last night because the pool is now cloudy i have been running the filter sense 11 pm last time so its been over 12 hours. Befor i go and start dumping more chemicals in there can any tell me how i fix this. Checked the test strips and it readys
0-Fc
Ph-7.5
Ta-40
Th-100
Cya-0

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Test strips are just not going to cut it and we generally do not recommend the use of algaecides.

You need to either follow the Temporary/Seasonal Pool Guide with a limited drop based test kit, which likely means you need to dump and start over. Or you need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

Adding chlorine once a week is not going to cut it. We generally add bleach daily to keep the pool safe and sanitary.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

I just got a small pool for the kids 3 weeks ago its a coleman pool above ground holds about 5300 gallons of water i have been putting chlorine in once a week and the algae guard in it as directed. I think i might have put to much algae guard last night because the pool is now cloudy i have been running the filter sense 11 pm last time so its been over 12 hours. Befor i go and start dumping more chemicals in there can any tell me how i fix this. Checked the test strips and it readys
0-Fc
Ph-7.5
Ta-40
Th-100
Cya-0

Put chlorine in your pool and KEEP chlorine in your pool. You need to add it every day. read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School....that'll help.

Put in one small jug of bleach (that's chlorine) in your pool this evening if possible....sooner rather than later and keep running your pump.

Learn how to use PoolMath here on the forum and learn about CYA.....for now keep chlorine in your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.