I just want to swim!!!!

KKimmy

Sep 13, 2014
Tahlequah Oklahoma
I'm new, I'm learning, and here are some readings from a pool that had gone green and is getting clearer.

FC 9
CC 1.5
TC 10.5
PH 7.5
TA 80
CYA black dot remained so I'm guessing less than 20 mark?
I've been adding bleach for a couple days. Pool getting clearer, BUT I'm not swimming!!
I have the TF 100
Am I on the right track w numbers?

Thanks

Yes. Just keep the pool at SLAM value for your cya of 20.....which is 10. And I'd go over that # by a few points at night too. Keep it circulating and filtering. Consider bringing your cya to level of 30. You can swim up to SLAM value ya' know! Welcome!

Have you ever added CYA? Have you ever used chlorine pucks or granular chlorine shock? If the answer to these three questions is no, then you don't have any at all. It is not in tap water and bleach does not add it.

Now, don't just toss the CYA in the water. Use Pool Math to figure out how much you need to get to 30 and carefully measure that amount and put it in an old sock that has a tight enough weave to contain the granules. Either float this in front of a return or place it in a skimmer as long as it does not block the skimmer.

I've never added cya... I use tablets in my Aqua genie skimmer and I have a floating chlorine tablet dispenser. Went to Walmart bought some hth stabilizer & conditioner. I'm getting ready to test water and then figure out this cya dosage. Thanks for ALL help. I appreciate it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
KKimmy, Welcome to TFP from your neighbor just up the road to the North on hiway 82. You need use PoolMath with a 23,000 gallon target to at least target 30ppm which would require 96oz by volume stabilizer.

You got quality help from the above members they can fix anything! along with your help.

Just tested & this is what I got:
FC 4
CC 1
TC 5
PH 7.2
TA 90
CYA filled tube past 20 mark & black dot didn't dissapear.
From my first readings can anyone tell me if water is getting better ? Or worse?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 427
KKimmy I guess until you have pool ready for relaxation..... you can relax floating down the Illinois River by canoe. It will be just a matter of time and that big inground pool will be sparkling clear.

While you are doing a SLAM the only thing you need to test is the FC and CC..

When your FC is over 10 the PH test is not valid.

Keep it as close to SLAM level as much as you can. If you are going to be gone for a few hours you push the FC up a little over so that it will not go below your goal.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.