Is there anything I need to be doing immediately after having people in the pool?

Jul 1, 2015
AZ
So I've finally got my pool back to looking crystal clear thanks to this site. I want to keep it that way so I was wondering if I need to be doing anything after having people in the pool. Should I wait a while and test the chlorine afterwards? Should I turn on the pump?

The usual recommendation and what I do is to raise your FC above what you normally would BEFORE having a large number of people in the pool. If it's just a couple people, no need to go over your normal target numbers.

For instance, I have a minimum FC of 3 ppm. I normally dose daily or every other day, depending on usage, up to 5-6 ppm. Before a large party or similar, I might bring my FC up to 8 or 10 depending on the guests. After the guests leave, it's a good idea to check to see if the FC is still above your minimum and bring it back up if needed.

Every person-hour in a 16,000 gallon pool consumes around 0.066 ppm FC so a few people is no big deal. If you've got 10 people in the pool for 3 hours, now you've got 2 ppm FC of extra chlorine demand. If someone urinates, each cup of urine is equivalent to around 5 person-hours so around 0.3 ppm FC of chlorine needed to get rid of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.