Pool water is blue but particles in the water.

Jul 7, 2011
FC 10
pH 7.2
CC1.5
TC 11.5
AT120
CH 120
CYA 0

When I went to open the pool this year my cover had a hole in it so everything was dumped into the pool. I skimmed a lot of it and then once I heavily shocked for a few days I got in and scooped most of the crud from the bottom. The pool was blue and cloudy but everything read great. At that time my CYA level was around 35. Well.... I went to Chicago for the Fare Thee Well show and since the pool was cloudy I knew it would be hard to get someone over here who would know what they were doing... plus it's the fourth of July who wants to take care of someone else s pool? So I covered the pool and turned everything off.

When I got home I removed cover and turned everything on. I brought it to shock levels and it is blue only loosing a little of chlorine over night. I don't know what happened to the CYA??? I haven't been in the pool since I got home so maybe it all settled to the bottom. One thing I notice is that it seems like the water has particles in it. I wonder is it my sand filter clogged? Do I have a lateral in the filter broken ? I am considering emptying the sand but dang that is so much work. I changed it about five years ago.

Oh, yes another issue; I have a cotton wood tree over the pool. I normally place a nylon sock in the filter basket when it drops cotton. This year when I opened the pool it had pretty much stopped dropping so I did not use the nylon hose. However when I am cleaning the basket I am finding cotton...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.